Happy Summer Solstice ~ My Hot Summer Reading List!
Happy Summer Solstice—the official beginning of Summer! Summer is a time for relaxing, communing…and catching up on your reading (especially the fun, good stuff)! To celebrate the Solstice and help inspire you, here’s my Top 10 Summer Reading List. There’s a little something for everyone!
1. Linda Goodman’s Love Signs. Come on…the best book EVER on Love and Astrology! Linda Goodman is truly the Grand Dame of Astrology. Written in the late 70’s, this was a groundbreaker and is still as relevant today as it was then. Perfect summer reading…Check out the astro scoop on your sign and your lovers! Speaking of summer love, don’t forget that my Cosmic Chemistry class is coming up soon. Click here to learn more.
2. Autobiography of a Yogi, Paramahansa Yogananda. “Named one of the 100 best spiritual books of the 20th century, Paramahansa Yogananda’s remarkable life story takes you on an unforgettable exploration of the world of saints and yogis, science and miracles, death and resurrection. With soul-satisfying wisdom and endearing wit, he illuminates the deepest secrets of life and the universe.” You had me at hello. One of my favorite books of all time!
3. The Untethered Soul, Michael Singer. After a client sent this book to me over-night express, I knew it was something I had to read. And you must too! Written in simple, clear language, this book will give you a whole new perspective on who you really are—your spiritual self--and help you to see beyond the limitations of your mind. Essential, life changing reading!
4. Practical Magic, Alice Hoffman. Oh my, I adore this book! Forget the movie (with Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman) although fun and witchy-cute, it doesn’t begin to tap-into the heart of soul of this lovely story. Practical Magic is a tale of two sisters, exploring their family roots and heritage, ultimately finding the magic that binds us all. Put on your PJ’s, brew a cup of tea and dig in. You won’t be disappointed!
5. Dying to be Me: My Journey From Cancer To Near Death, To True Healing, Anita Moorjani. I’ve bought this book more than twice, and then given it to clients, because it’s extremely helpful in looking at life after death. Moorjani’s journey is powerful and after reading, you will have a whole new perspective on life, death and what’s really important. “I had the choice to come back…or not. I chose to return when I realized that ‘heaven’ is a state, not a place.”
6. Journey of Souls, Michael Newton, PHD. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve referred this book to clients! Long story short, Michael Newton is a hypnotherapist who uncovered past life experiences with clients. The stories offer powerful revelations about past and future life choices. Psychic/Intuitive Development 101—everything you ever wanted to know about the after life but were afraid to ask!
7. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, Susanna Clarke. Magicial realism at it’s best. Set in the early 19th century, two magicians meet, compete and cause chaos. The detail to magic in this age is fascinating, and the otherworldly elements sublime! The BBC is debuting a television series on it, actually tonight (check your local listings.) Whether you watch the series or not, you will definitely want to read this fascinating tale!
8. The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money and Miracles, Marianne Williamson. Marianne Williamson is the total spiritual bomb! This book is based on the Course of Miracles, and explores our relationship to the divine, specifically our connection to abundance. With so many struggling with money and finances, this book offers insight on the power of prayer, intention and miracles. Ask and you shall receive!
9. Love in the Time of Cholera, Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Marquez is the Nobel Prizing winning magical realism storyteller of a lifetime. He weaves emotions, romance, and heartbreak effortless together as he creates quirky and complicated characters that unfold to tell the tale of two young lovers. I am sure many of you have read this book or have been meaning too for a while. Do your heart a favor and definitely read it this summer!
10. The Night Circus, Erin Morgenstern. This is the one of those books that has actually been on my list for a while! I have heard about it from so many people. A circus that magically appears only at night? Two magicians feuding and falling in love? Mysticism. Romance. Intrigue. Sounds good to me. Can’t wait to dig in!
So jump in the pool of cool words and magic--and don't forget, whenever possible, buy from your local bookstore! Also don’t forget to check out all the Summer of Spirit classes here!
Wishing you a Magical Summer!